Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Diet

So we have 5 more days left on this 21-day detox diet.
I have to say that the first week was awful. I was in A MOOD.
No caffeine. No massive jolts of sugar. No peanut butter. No bananas.
But somewhere right around week two, I stepped on the scale and suddenly it all seemed reasonable.
Now I'm flat-out enjoying it.
Fruit and protein powder smoothie for breakfast.
Lunch is the big meal. Fish or chicken with brown rice and a huge bowl of veggies.
Snack- apple with almond butter.
Dinner.....pulverized soup. And then NOTHING ELSE.
I feel real, genuine hunger in the evenings. But I'm starting to like it because I know its eating away at my excess fat reserves. That's whats doing it for me. That and the drastic reduction of sugar in my diet.
I think I'll stick with this for a while. I'll still do some oinking out on weekends. I'll still eat candy every now and then. But during this phase in my life, when I have babies and can't spend an hour working out everyday, this is good for me.
I feel good.

Me and the Wolf circa 2010.

2 comments:

  1. It's so great when eating right actually starts to *feel* right too. I love good food.

    I also love those pictures of you and Wolfgang, all of them. Will your friend take more of you with both the boys, now that there's another little guy in the mix? That would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it with the second baby that turns our bodies into total mushy fat bags?!

    ReplyDelete